The Basics of Common Hand Tools in UAE
A hand tool is any tool that is used manually, as opposed to by a motor. Most of the time, the tool is turned or pushed with the hand. There are several hand tools in UAE, including screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, and more! Let's find out!
Descriptions of various hand tools
- Tool operation
- Precautions to ensure safety
Manual hand tools, often known as hand tools, are comparable to electric tools. Most of the time, the tool is turned or pushed with the hand.
Each type of hand tool in UAE, such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, tape measures, hammers, sockets, cuttings, scissors, sets, and auxiliary tools such as tool carts, etc., has its model.
The wrenches consist of open-end wrenches (rigid hands), double-socket wrenches, ratchet wrenches (quick wrenches), dual-purpose wrenches (composite wrenches), tubing wrenches, t-socket wrenches, cross-socket wrenches, adjustable wrenches, further categories.
Other types of pliers include wire pliers, needle nose pliers, diagonal nose pliers, retaining ring pliers, carp pliers, water pump pliers, pipe pliers, and strong pliers.
The classifications of screwdrivers include character, cross, rice character, hexagon, and pattern.
Normal sleeves, flower sleeves (e-type sleeves), screwdriver sleeves (BIT sleeves), spark plug sleeves, strong sleeves, etc., Are some of the different types of sleeves. Generally speaking, there are three types of specifications: 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2", where “is the symbol for an inch. Each specification is also split into 6-angle sleeves and 12-angle sleeves.
There is the claw hammer, the fitter hammer, the round head hammer, the rubber hammer, and the installation hammer.
Other categories for cutting include files, diamond files, iron scissors, aircraft scissors, utility knives, square pipe saws, pipe cutters, and bolt cutters.
A "driver" is a tool used to tighten or loosen a screw by turning it. It usually has a thin, wedge-shaped head that fits into a slot or notch on the head of the screw.
Hand tools that use the principle of leverage to turn bolts, screws, nuts, and other threaded fasteners that hold bolts or nuts in openings or through holes. The wrench usually has a clamping handle on one or both ends of the handle to apply force from the outside. The bolt or nut can then be turned to hold the opening or sleeve of the bolt or nut. When the bolt or nut is in use, an outside force can be put on the shank in the direction of thread rotation to turn the bolt and nut
A tool that hits something to move or change it. Most often used to hammer in nails, straighten things out, or break things apart. There are many different kinds of hammers, but the most common ones have a handle and a head. One side of the top is flat for hitting, and the other is the hammerhead. The head of the hammer can look like the horn of a claw or like a wedge. Its job is to pull the nail out. There is also a hammerhead that is round.
It is also called an "electric pen." It is a tool used by an electrician to check if there is electricity in the wire. There is a neon light in the body of the pen. The wire
has power if the neon bulb lights
up during the test. The tip and end of the test pen are made of metal, but the pen holder is made of something that doesn't conduct electricity. When using the test pen, be sure to touch the metal part at the end with your hands. If you don't, the neon bubble in the test pen won't light up because the charged body, the test pen, the human body, and the earth don't form a circuit. This could lead you to think that the charged body is not charged.
A tape measure is a tool that most people use every day. The steel tape measure is something that everyone sees. It is often used in building and decorating, and it is also one of the tools that every family should have. Separated into fiber tape measure, tape measure, waist circumference measure, etc.
A "wallpaper knife" is a type of knife with a sharp blade that is used to cut things like wallpaper. It is also called a "utility knife." Ornamentation, decoration, and advertising plaques are often used in the business.
often use a tool called an electrician's knife to cut things. The typical electric knife has a blade, a handle, a knife hanger, and a blade. When you don't need it, you can pull the blade back into the handle. The handle and the base of the blade are connected by a hinge, and the blade has scale marks and scale marks. The front end is made with a screwdriver bit, and the two sides are made with a file surface area. On the handle is a safety button that keeps the blade from falling out. The blades of an electrician's knife can be used for more than one thing. If you only have an electrician's knife, you don't have to carry around any other tools to connect wires
. It has a simple design, is easy to use, and can do a lot of different things.
Hand saws in UAE are for woodworking and around the house, cutting saws for cutting branches, folding saws for cutting branches, hand hacksaws, edge saws, slitting saws, and cross-cut saws (woodworking).
The level bubble on the spirit level can be used for purposes like inspection, measurement, and debugging to determine whether or not the equipment is mounted levelly.
The wire cutter has a plier head and a plier handle. It is used to cut and clamp wires. Each part of the plier does the following:
- You can tighten or loosen the nut by using the space between the teeth.
- The edge of the knife can be used to cut through the rubber or plastic insulation on a flexible wire, as well as the wire and the iron wire itself.
- The guillotine can be used to cut wires and steel wires made of hard metal.
- The insulating plastic tube of the pliers can handle more than 500V. With it, electricity can be used to cut the wire.
Needle nose pliers
Also called trimming pliers, it is mostly used to cut single-strand and multi-strand wires with smaller diameters. It is also used to bend the wire joints of single-strand needle-nose pliers, strip plastic insulating layers, etc. It is also a tool that electricians often use (especially inner-line electricians). One of the devices. It has a sharp point at the end, a knife edge, and a plier handle. An insulating sleeve with a 500V rating is wrapped around the handle of the electrician's needle-nose pliers. Needle-nose pliers have a pointed head, so to bend the wire connector with them, you first bend the wire end to the left, and then you bend it clockwise against the screw to the right.
The wire stripper is one of the tools that electricians, people who fix motors, and people who work on instruments often use. Here's what it looks like. It has a knife edge, a place to crimp, and a plier handle. The wire stripper's handle is covered with an insulating sleeve that can handle up to 500V. The wire stripper can be used to strip wires with plastic or rubber
insulation and wires inside cables
. The way to use it is to put the end of the wire you want to peel in the cutting edge of the plier's head, squeeze the two plier handles together, and then let go.
Seiko hand tools
- Choose the right saw blade for the job, such as 14 teeth per inch for sawing solid or thick soft metals, 18 teeth per inch for tool steel, iron pipes, hard metals, etc., And 24 teeth per inch for metal. Plates, metal pipes, and thin iron bars are cut with saws.
- Move the saw forward, and as you pull it back, lift it slightly.
- Depending on what needs to be done, the right size wrench should be chosen.
- When using an adjustable wrench, always push on the side that is fixed and never on the side that can move.
- If the wrench's opening is worn or slips when it is being used, don't keep using it.
- Don't use a wrench to hit things with.
- Don't put a pipe on the end of the wrench's handle to make it stronger.
Long square: put pressure on the inside of the first side of the square, lean against the edge of the board, and use a pencil to draw a vertical line along the inside of the second side of the square.
- The screw head's groove should be the right size and shape, and the right screwdriver should be chosen.
- You shouldn't hit the screwdriver's handle with a hammer. If the handle is broken, it needs to be changed right away.
- Don't use the screwdriver as a chisel or a lever.
- Use an electric screwdriver to test the current, and don't use a regular screwdriver to test high voltage.
- The blade of the screwdriver must not be ground so as not to harm the surface's hardening.
- Don't put the screwdriver in your pants or shirt pockets so you don't hurt yourself when you trip or bump into something.
C-type clips are used to hold things in place at work. When clamping, the rocker on the shaft is on the bottom. Depending on the number of clips, 3-inch clips or 4-inch clips can be used most of the time. The maximum thickness that can be clamped will tell you which size to use.
- Pliers are only used to attach, insert, and remove different pins, nails, and wires, as well as to cut or twist them.
- You shouldn't tighten or tap bolts or nuts with pliers.
- Don't tap or lengthen the pliers' handle to increase the force with which it clamps or cuts.
Most of the time, woodworking knives are used to trim odd-shaped parts of details. The blade is one piece that is hard to break.
Precautions to ensure safety
Examples of typical hand tool hazards include:
- Cuts using sharp parts
- Being stabbed by a sharp object
- Being caught by a device.
- Sustaining a hand injury while hammering.
- Injured by work-related flying debris.
- Affected by the noise produced on the job.
- Inhaling the dust created while working.
- Hand tools must be examined for damage before use. No unsafe instruments should be used.
- Keep the instrument clean, particularly the grip, to avoid hands from slipping and sliding out while working.
- Wear the proper personal protection equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, etc.
- Utilize hand tools with the proper posture and method. The position should be secure and steady, without undue force.
- When utilizing sharp instruments, the blade or sharp component should not be pointed toward people.
- When not in use, the blade or sharp component of the instrument should be covered with a shield, and the tool should not be carried by hand or placed in a pocket.
- Hand tools should not be used for other purposes.
- Understand the features of each hand instrument and how to properly use them.
Hand tools supplier in UAE
Hand Tools suppliers have been involved in the production and distribution of high-quality hand tools for many decades. Certified by ISO, these are some of the top makers and distributors of hand tools in the UAE.
Hand Tools, such as Wrenches, Adjustable Scraper, and Deburring Tool, Bench Vices, Chisels, Chuck, Hacksaws, Hammers, Hand Blowers, Magnetic Clamps, Mini Clamps, Pick-Up Tools, Scrappers, Scribers, and many more, are available at the most competitive prices. You can also take a look at the many tools that make up each of the sections.