Different kinds of material handling equipment in UAE and how they are used
Many businesses can't run without the tools and systems needed to handle and store bulk materials. Material handling equipment, in general, refers to tools that are used to move, control, protect, or store goods during the different warehouse and facility processes. By learning more about material handling equipment, you will be able to make sure that your business has the best tools and systems for its needs.
Learn more about the many kinds of material handling equipment in the UAE and the sectors in which they are used. You may also be interested in learning more about the major benefits of material handling equipment suppliers in the UAE and how to choose the appropriate equipment for your requirements.
Types of materials handling equipment
Bulk material handling equipment suppliers in the UAE supply engineered systems, storage and handling equipment, and industrial vehicles are the four primary kinds of material handling equipment.
1. Bulk handling material equipment
Equipment for transporting, storing, and controlling bulk materials is included under bulk material handling equipment in the UAE. Typically, manufacturers construct bulk handling equipment to transport and store loose materials. These machines are used to process food, liquids, metals
, and minerals
Read about some of the most common types of bulk material equipment below to get a clear idea of what it is:
- Hoppers: Large funnel-shaped devices with closing apertures are known as hoppers. Companies use hoppers to fill containers with loose items.
- Reclaimers: Large devices designed to collect loose materials from a company's stockpile are called reclaimers.
- Conveyor belts: Belt conveyors are an integral component of a conveyor system. They use drums or pulleys to spin their belts and transport bulk items between locations.
- Stackers: Stackers are essential for managing bulk materials. This automated machine can independently transfer loose materials to stockpiles.
- Grain and bucket elevators: Vertically moving bulk goods, bucket elevators are also known as grain legs. They will carry and occasionally store these components throughout the manufacturing process.
2. Engineered systems
Engineered systems are a type of automated bulk material handling technology that helps move and store goods. They are also sometimes called automated systems. Typically, automated systems consist of many pieces of equipment. The following are some of the most common types of engineered systems:
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS): An AS/RS is a common form of the designed system since it can manage a great deal of work. It uses a shuttle to pick up and arrange loose items on required system components; the picking operation can be managed manually or automatically. In addition to racks, shelves, and aisles, these systems facilitate processing.
- Automated guided vehicles (AGVs): AGVs are computer-controlled vehicles with sensors and detectors. These cars may be completely autonomous, securely transporting products throughout your business on predetermined paths.
- Robotic delivery systems: Many businesses use automated robotic delivery systems to transfer goods. Typically, these systems are used to convey materials along an assembly line.
- Conveyor systems: Conveyor systems consist of many devices and mechanical components that transfer goods automatically across a facility. There are several types of conveyor systems, including apron, cleated, chain, overhead, and vehicle conveyor systems.
3. Industrial trucks
Industrial trucks include a vast array of equipment. Some of these industrial vehicles are small and have to be moved by hand, while others are big and have to be driven. In general, industrial vehicles can be divided into two categories: non-stacking and stacking. Stackable vehicles can load and stack goods, but non-stackable trucks can just convey goods.
Here are a few of the basic types of industrial trucks:
- Hand trucks: often known as dollies are basic pieces of equipment intended to provide workers with the leverage necessary to wheel large goods to new positions.
- Side loaders: Manufacturers design side loaders to fit between small aisles and effortlessly pick up objects on both sides.
- Pallet trucks: often known as forklifts are equipment that allows workers to move huge pallets. They have prongs that are meant to go under the pallet, raise it, and then secure it while the operator transports it to a new site.
- Order pickers: these are used when operators need to reach items placed in a high location. These devices securely raise operators, enabling them to access items that are difficult to reach.
4. Storage and handling equipment
Storage and handling equipment helps keep things safe and in order while they wait for the next step in production or distribution. This storage equipment may be used to store products for short or lengthy periods, depending on the demands of the business. Most storage and handling equipment is fixed and doesn't move on its own. However, companies often use it together with automated systems and equipment.
Here are some of the most commonly used storage and handling devices:
- Shelves, drawers, and bins: Shelving for storing and organizing essential supplies is available. When a business has to arrange tiny, easily-misplaced items, bins, and drawers are the most common options.
- Mezzanines: Mezzanines are elevated interior platforms that provide additional storage space above the ground. These mezzanines enable enterprises to store things vertically and save up room on the warehouse floor. They are available in modular, rack-supported, mobile, freestanding, and building-supported configurations.
- Racks: Racks allow businesses to keep their items in easily accessible areas while conserving floor space. You may purchase racks intended for a variety of purposes, including sliding racks, drive-in or drive-through racks, pallet tracks, and push-back racks.
- Stacking frames: Manufacturers create stacking frames to be readily stacked on top of one other. They are one of the most important forms of storage equipment in material handling, since they allow for the secure and efficient storage of pallets containing sensitive equipment, therefore conserving space.
Different uses for material handling equipment in UAE
Material handling equipment is used in many different fields because it includes a wide range of technologies and types of equipment. Here are some common uses of material handling equipment supplier’s supply in various industries:
- Agriculture: When working in agriculture, it is necessary to transport several loose items, such as crops, fertilizer, seeds, and feed. Several types of agricultural material handling equipment, such as telehandlers, aerial lifts, and forklifts, are available for transporting and loading goods. Also popular are hoppers and grain elevators.
- Construction: Numerous construction organizations use material handling equipment intended to aid in loading and transporting materials around the building site. Forklifts, aerial lifts, and telehandlers are examples of typical equipment used in the construction sector.
- Distribution: Material handling equipment is required by those in the distribution sector to transport items through the supply chain. AGVs, electric forklifts, and stackers are some of the primary distribution material handling equipment in the UAE.
- Landscaping: Landscape companies rely on material handling equipment to lift and transport heavy goods, such as loose dirt or plant-laden pallets, to their desired locations. Both forklifts and hand trucks are common pieces of landscape material handling equipment supplier’s supply.
- Manufacturing: Among the sectors, most reliant on material handling systems and equipment in manufacturing. Pallet trucks, order pickers, forklifts, and AGVs are types of manufacturing material handling equipment.
- Warehousing: Warehouse operators often rely on material handling equipment to assist in their processing and storing of items. Reach trucks, stackers, pallet trucks, and order pickers are widespread warehouse material handling equipment.
Why material handling equipment is essential for your business
Material handling equipment in UAE could be extremely beneficial to businesses in a variety of sectors. Companies appreciate how material handling systems and equipment enhance their workplace's productivity and security.
The following are some of the most important advantages of employing material-handling equipment:
- Greater productivity: One of the greatest benefits of material handling equipment is its capacity to effectively handle objects. By increasing the circulation of materials within a plant, appropriate material handling equipment can reduce production halts by easing the flow of materials. Many varieties of material handling equipment may help you deliver your goods to important places more quickly and maintain a more regular flow, so enhancing your efficiency.
- Reduced waste: When a company depends on human labor or unsuitable equipment to handle its resources, such items are more likely to be damaged during transit and storage, resulting in increased material and product waste. For instance, stacking frameworks may protect crushable products when stacked, while forklifts can transfer pallets to multiple places safely.
- Reduce expenses: A key advantage of material handling equipment is its capacity to assist a business save expenses. As a result of fewer work interruptions and mistakes, your company's profitability will grow if you use equipment intended to boost system efficiency and process velocity. In addition, material handling equipment eliminates waste.
- Better use of warehouse space: To minimize space in your warehouse, you may use numerous forms of material handling equipment, including storage and handling equipment. For instance, you can install mezzanines to add a second level of storage to your warehouse and tall racks to expand your capacity for vertical storage. In addition, side loaders let you position aisles closer together.
- Increased employee safety: A key advantage of adopting material handling equipment is that it decreases the amount of rigorous physical effort required of your team. Because repetitively lifting and transporting large goods by hand results in chronic injuries, equipment intended to do these activities may boost employee safety.
How to choose the appropriate materials-handling equipment for your application
Considering the many advantages of bulk material handling equipment, you may choose to purchase some for your operation. Find out more about the most important things to think about when choosing the right equipment for you:
- Material type: Define the kind of content that will be handled first. The weight, size, and form of the material, as well as whether it is gas, solid, or liquid, might influence the kind of material handling equipment required. If a piece of equipment cannot handle your materials safely and effectively, you may cross it off your list.
- Facility design: The equipment you may use at your institution will depend on the available space. Different warehouse equipment types are better suited for smaller or bigger facilities. Before selecting equipment, confirm that it can reach your materials, fit between aisles, and traverse the area securely.
- Manufacturing flow: If your business has a steady production flow between two fixed points, you may probably use a complete conveyor system. Nonetheless, if your production flow is highly changeable, you will certainly want to prioritize equipment that can readily shift directions and traverse different paths across the plant.
- Operation types: In addition to the production flow, you may want to consider the sorts of activities you typically do. For instance, renting equipment may be preferable for temporary operations, but purchasing equipment may be preferable for permanent operations. In addition, it is essential to determine if your material flow pattern is horizontal or vertical.
- Expense: When selecting equipment, you will probably want to consider your budget. If you do not have a large amount of cash for a down payment, you may choose to rent or purchase secondhand equipment.
- Structural factors: Before selecting any equipment, confirm that it is compatible with the structural factors of your facility. For instance, the material handling equipment must be compatible with the structural strength, door and ceiling dimensions, and floor conditions of your facility.
- Reliability: Every business understands the benefit of dependable equipment, as it facilitates production flow and reduces maintenance costs. rely on a reputable material handling supplier to guarantee that you obtain the most dependable equipment and extensive after-sale service.
Material handling equipment supplier in UAE
Now that you understand how to choose the appropriate kind of material handling equipment and how this equipment operates, you may be interested in purchasing equipment for your business. Material handling equipment suppliers are happy to offer a wide range of equipment made by top brands for moving and handling materials. These Material handling equipment suppliers provide businesses with new and used machinery for rent or purchase regularly, enabling you to get the ideal material handling equipment.