The United Arab Emirates is one of the most lucrative countries where businesses worldwide start their outlets or branches. The allowances on income taxes, revenues, GSTs, and other such payments have made this country outstanding for businesses, both native and international brands. So if you are planning to take your business up by several notches, UAE will be the best place to make a try. But, before you make any arrangements, your primary step will be to work on getting a trade license from the UAE government, especially for import/export services. To help you out with the entire task, we have explained the process you need to follow to earn the license in no time.
Import-export business license in Dubai – a brief introductionYou need to know the importance of getting an import-export business license in the UAE. The country is popular for different types of businesses, both headquartered and branched ones; they need special trade licenses to buy goods from other nations or send their products and items to other nations. If your business needs to buy something from another company outside UAE and the products need to be shipped in the country, you need to have an import license. Similarly, you need to procure the export license when you export things produced under your business name outside UAE. Failure to do so may lead to severe penalties concerning customs duties, import-export taxes, shipping, logistics, etc. This is why you should apply for a permit if you want to continue with the business successfully in the long run.
Eligibility for Dubai-based import-export business licenseUntil and unless you meet the requirements for an import-export business license within Dubai, UAE, you won’t be able to apply for the same and get the application approved. So, to help you prevent this situation, we have pointed out the basic requirement criterion.
- You need to have a business registered under the UAE government for importing and exporting different types of products.
- If you do not have any physical location in UAE but want to ship the products to any Dubai-based company, you need to procure the business license and all the legal documents to get the license.
- You shouldn’t have any fraud, bankruptcy, or other criminal and judicial record under your business name.
Fees to deposit to get the business license in Dubai, UAEThe fees to be deposited to obtain the export-import business license in Dubai, UAE, will vary from time to time. But the average amount you need to give is approximately AED 25,000. This specific price is broken up into several components, according to all the permits and allowances you need to import or export tangible and intangible assets. Below is the main license fee breakup list that will clarify most of your doubts:
- AED 13000 is charged for the mainland trade license
- AED 10000 is issued for the virtual office you get with Ejari
- For name registration and submission, application form cost, and others, the overall expenses can be AED 1500.
- To get the import-export code, you need to pay AED 500 minimum.
Documents required for UAE import-export business licenseFirst of all, you need to submit the following documents to obtain the trade license based in Dubai:
- Company registration form
- Reservation document for the trade name
- Passport-sized picture of the applicant
Customer registration for import license in DubaiApart from the trade license, you also need to obtain the customer registration number for the import and export license and code. For this, the documents needed are:
- Trade license with renewed and updated stamp
- Passport of the applicant
- A request letter for the code
- A receipt for import-export license fee payment
- A copy of the applicant’s visa
- Memorandum of Association
- Tenancy Agreement copy of the office property